Holding your wedding near Glacier National Park has many advantages. With the park in Glacier Raft Company Wedding and Events back yard you and your guests will have lots of options for activities in one of the most beautiful places in Montana. The west entrance to Glacier National Park is only about five minutes from our location. From there you can enjoy a spectacular drive on the iconic Going to the Sun Highway, one of many hikes, bike riding, paddle boarding, boat tours, fishing, or just general sightseeing. Many people even get the opportunity to see some of the amazing wildlife the park has including bears, deer, elk, mountain lions, moose, and many more. Don’t forget your camera in case one of these opportunities comes along. We are happy to help you set up any activities and have lots of gear to rent in case you forget anything.
A few of our personal favorite activities are hiking Avalanche Lake or Hidden Lake trails, paddle boarding on Lake McDonald, or picking huckleberries. Make sure you plan extra time during your wedding festivities to go enjoy the gorgeous park. To find out more information on Glacier National Park and all it has to offer visit http://www.nps.gov/glac/index.htm.
Glacier Raft Company’s Favorite Things to do in Glacier National Park:
1. Rafting! Be sure to hit the Middle Fork of the Flathead river while you are in Glacier National Park. There is nothing else like it! Surrounded by pristine wilderness, this stretch of river doesn’t get more remote and fun.
2. Fly Fishing! It’s something we are known for out here in the west! From never-evers to seasoned veterans we can take you to the right river to cast into the wild and scenic river.
3. Camping! Whether you want to do it yourself or take a trip with us, being under the Montana big sky at night is something you and your family will never forget. We have all the gear you need from a guided trip to a car kit.
4. Hiking! Want to see something incredible? Make sure you check out some of the most popular trails in Glacier Park. No need to pack you suitcase full; Glacier Outdoor Center has all the gear you need for your trek out into the wild.
5. Shopping! Need a cool souvenir to take back home or forgot something? We have lots of options at Glacier Outdoor Center 1/2 mile west of West Glacier or at our rafting location in the Village of West Glacier.